This is a summary of TIBCO Reward’s batch file processing. This summary is included here to explain the role of batch file processing with respect to other data exchange methods.
Batch file processing is ideal for high volume, asynchronous processing. Most client requirements can be achieved through batch file data loads. Complete details about each of TIBCO Reward’s batch files and how to work with them are provided later in this document, in Batch File Integration.
Most of TIBCO Reward’s batch processes require files in XML (Extensible Markup Language) format that adhere to common retail standards, such as ARTS and IXRetail. Note, however, that TIBCO Reward can usually use files in your existing proprietary format, if you make arrangements with TIBCO Reward during your onboarding process. TIBCO Reward can write transformations to convert flat files in delimited text format (for example, comma or tab separated value files) into usable XML files.
TIBCO Reward’s batch file integration works as follows:
- By default, you send files using a secure transfer protocol (for example, SFTP) according to TIBCO Reward’s standard schedule, unless your company has negotiated a different batch file transmission schedule.
- TIBCO Reward picks up these files and processes them, applying different transformation routines, as necessary, to convert the data into our required format.
- Inbound XML files are processed in their native format.
- Flat files that match TIBCO Reward’s standard file formats are handled using standard transformations.
- Flat files that do not match TIBCO Reward’s standard file formats are handled using custom transformations. Requests for changes to these file formats must be submitted through TIBCO Reward's Account Management Department and may incur a fee. (Consult your TIBCO Reward Account Management representative for details.)
- In return, TIBCO Reward posts the resulting files using a secure transfer protocol according to our standard schedule, unless your company has negotiated a different batch file transmission schedule.
- These outbound files are formatted by default in either XML or CSV format (depending on the file), unless a client has requested a custom transformation.
- You can see a file report that provides data about file imports. For details, see Appendix D, File Import Reports.
Features and benefits
- Flexible frequency – based on your needs and capabilities.
- Rapid transfer of large quantities of data (up to 200K transactions or 200M per day).
- Flexible file requirements – use common XML retail standards including ARTS and IXRetail, or use existing data feeds and let TIBCO Reward write the transformations.
- Monitoring – monitor your imports using the File Import Report.
- High security – Visa CISP certified, secure FTP.