Running the Spotfire Server upgrade tool interactively
Note: If Spotfire Server is set up to authenticate with the Spotfire database using Windows Integrated Authentication, it is important that you run the upgrade tool as the same user that Spotfire Server authenticates as. Otherwise, the upgrade tool will not be able to authenticate with the database.
- You have installed the new version of Spotfire Server.
- You have a working backup of your Spotfire database.
- If you are using LDAPS, and if the CA certificate is not included in the cacert file by default, you must import the CA certificate used to issue the LDAP server's certificate before running the upgrade tool. See Configuring LDAP.
If the server upgrade tool is not already open, go to the following directory and double-click
upgradetool.bat (Windows) or
<new version Spotfire Server install dir>/tools/upgrade
By default, the server installation directory is located here: C:/tibco/tss/version number.
Spotfire Server Upgrade panel is displayed. It provides a reminder to back up or clone the
Spotfire database. Click
The File Locations panel is displayed. It provides new information and the choice to copy, or not to copy, an existing configuration.
- If you have file access to an old installation, you can select Previous server installation and enter the path to its installation directory, for example: C:/tibco/tss/version number or /opt/tss/version number. Click Next.
If you did not copy an existing configuration, the
Database Type and Driver panel is displayed. Here, specify the database and database driver you are using, and click
If you select a database driver type that is not installed in the old installation directory, the message “The selected driver must be installed manually” is displayed. Install the driver manually by placing it in the <new version Spotfire Server install dir>/tomcat/custom-ext directory and restart the upgrade tool.If you select a database driver type that is not installed and click Next, the Database Drivers Not Installed panel is displayed. If this occurs, click Done to exit the upgrade tool, then install the database driver and start the upgrade tool again.The Database Connection Information panel is displayed.
- Here, provide the Spotfire database Connection string, Username and Password. If your database server uses integrated login, like Windows authentication, select the Integrated login check box, to disable the Username and Password fields. Click Next.
- If you did not copy an existing configuration, the Additional Information panel is displayed. Here, specify the configuration tool password, the encryption password, and the server name to use when configuring the Spotfire Server, and click Next.
The Upgrade panel is displayed. Here you can see if the upgrade was successful. If there were problems with the upgrade, click Next to get information on where the issues have been logged.
- When the upgrade has been successfully completed (the text "Upgrade done" appears in the panel), click Finish.
- If there are changes needed after the upgrade, for example, port configuration or the location of TLS certificate, manually edit the server.xml file, located in the <Spotfire Server install dir>/tomcat/conf directory.
What to do next
Copyright © TIBCO Software Inc. All rights reserved.