Installing Spotfire Web Player instances
After installing and authorizing a node manager, you install the Spotfire Web Player service and indicate the number of Spotfire Web Player instances that you want to make available. The Spotfire Web Player instances can then be accessed on any computer in the network.
- You have installed and authorized a node manager; for instructions, see Installing a node manager interactively and Trusting a node.
- Spotfire Server and the node manager are up and running.
- You have deployed client packages to Spotfire Server; for instructions, see Deploying client packages to Spotfire Server.
- By default TLS 1.2 is not enabled on Windows Server 2008 R2. For communication to work between a service and Spotfire Server, TLS 1.2 must be enabled. To enable TLS 1.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2, see the section "For later versions of Windows" at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/245030. For more information about TLS settings in Windows, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn786418.aspx.
- Log in to Spotfire Server and click Nodes & Services.
- Under Select a view, select Nodes, and then select the node to which you want to add the Spotfire Web Player service. There should be a green circle with a check mark next to the selected node.
- In the lower-right pane, click Install new service.
Make your selections in the "Install new service" dialog:
- Under Deployment area, select the area you are using.
- Under Capability, select Web Player.
Configuration, select the service configuration that you want to apply to the service.
Note: Spotfire Server contains a default service configuration that you can replace later. If you want to prepare a configuration file ahead of time, see Preconfiguring Spotfire Web Player services.
- Under Number of instances, enter the number of instances of the service that you want to make available. For more information, see Multiple service instances on one node.
- Under Port, you can change the default of 9501 if you want to.
- Enter a name for this service.
Install and start.
To view the progress of the installation, click the Activity tab.