Using System Views
In addition to the agents, TIBCO Enterprise Administrator also keeps track of the machines on which they are running. TIBCO Enterprise Administrator provides a Machine View that lists all the machines in an enterprise. Agents running on those machines expose the data to TIBCO Enterprise Administrator.
- On the menu, click and select Machines; next to System Views.
Click a machine of your choice.
A detailed report about the machine is displayed. The report lists details about the machine, agents, network interfaces, and operating system processes.
- For further details, you can drill down on the clickable items displayed in the window. For example, when you click an agent, the Agent Management pane is displayed.
Click the arrow next to any of the columns to sort on that column. The up arrow is used to sort in the ascending order and the down arrow is used to sort in the descending order.
The machines are sorted on their names.
icon next to a column to group by the column. Notice that not all columns have Filter icons.
In the Filter window, enter the Filter condition. For example, to group machines whose names start with "BW", use the condition: Filter by
The machines are now sorted by their names.Note: The server also displays the details of the machines on which a Hawk agent was discovered in the Machine view. These machines are displayed with a asterisk(*) next to them. These machines are detected only if the following criteria are met:
- You have created a Hawk domain. For details on creating a Hawk domain, see Registering a Hawk Domain.
- An agent is running in the Hawk domain.
- You must have one Hawk agent per machine.
- In the Filter window, enter the Filter condition. For example, to group machines whose names start with "BW", use the condition: Filter by BW.